Tuesday 25 May 2010

Davina McCall in What Katie Did

It was a nice surprise on Sunday to open News of the World's Fabulous magazine to find the one and only Davina McCall in one of our Antoinette corsets. Antoinette is designed to push the breasts into a sexy balconette shape (dare I say that I would have laced Davina a little more tightly myself - get ready to breath in!)


We've also had a tiny bit of press in the trade lingerie press about the revamp of our London boutique. We've had so much mainstream press recently, added to the fact that we've picked up big stockists including Urban Outfitters, Topshop and Liberty of London and have been featured in feature films including The Nowhere Boy (only this week we sent 150 bullet bras to Shepperton Studios!) that it seems strange that the lingerie trade press has totally ignored us (and this hasn't been down to lack of press releases!) In fact, I actually telephoned Lingerie Buyer to ask why we were being ignored: apparently the trade press is all to do with keeping current advertisers happy and nothing to do with covering the hottest products. Anyway, it has resulted in a teeny tiny feature in this month's issue which I will try and make the most of as we probably won't be featured again! I really don't know why I should get upset about not getting trade press coverage, especially when the fashion press feature us so regularly. I guess it's one of those things that keep What Katie Did continually striving to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment